We have prepared the following guide to assist you with your electronic file preparation and submission. If you have a specific problem that is not covered in this guide, or have other questions, please feel free to contact us. Improperly prepared files can cause delays in manufacturing.
- All fonts are included or outlined.
- Page layout is correct.Safety Margins are set.
- Artwork matches the specified dimensions or by proportion.
- All linked files, images, and fonts are placed in separate folders
- Colors in CMYK mode.
All raster image and graphic resolution should be between 75 ~ 150 DPI at final output size. Be sure to adjust resolution for artworks created at smaller than the final output size. For example, resolution should bebetween 150 ~ 300 DPI for artworks created at 50% of final output size.
1/4" bleeds must be added to pictures and designs bleeding to the trimming edges, It is also important to keep text and any important elements at least a 1/4" away from the paper edge or the trim line to prevent accidental cropping.
1/2" Bleeds is recommened but not required for fabric printing Due to the shrinking nature of fabric printing, the safety margin is 2" all around the a
- All colors must be in CMYK process color for consistent and reliable result.
- Print previews are not a safe and sure measuring tool for color accuracy. Colors on the file might be effected by monitor calibration, screen resolution and lighting conditions, just to name a few. Many Pantone colors show a marked color shift when converted to four color process.
- To achieve the desired color on press, digital files must reflect accurate color models and percentage.
Guidelines by Application
The following outlines the specific file requirements by application. If you have any questions, please contact our graphics department.
Illustrator is our preferred page layout app for
- Must be in CMYK process color space only!
- Use Photoshop for simple layout designs, For complex layout, using Illustrator or InDesign to compose your artwork.
- Files resolution should be minimum of 150 dpi at final output size for quality large format output.
We provide PDF files as electronic soft proofs. These digital proofs intend to show you the layout and design elements of your job, but cannot be a guarantee of color accuracy. If color accuracy is of extreme importance to you, please ask for a hard copy proof. Scan all transparencies and line art at 100% of final size unless data size is prohibitive. If such a case occurs, scan at 1/4 or 1/2 of final size. Scan all transparencies and line art at 100% of final size unless data size is prohibitive. If such a case occurs, scan at 1/4 or 1/2 of final size.